Thursday, November 12, 2009

From My Day Book

The Simple Woman's Day Book

November 12, 2009

Outside my window… a storm that is to make history is blowing and pouring

I am thinking… of my dear husband cold and wet and away from home

I am thankful for…this old house , who’s  sturdy walls sit peacefully amongst the rain and wind

From the kitchen…a cinnamon colored kettle whistles from the stove  waiting to meet the Earl of Gray

I am wearing… cotton and comfort

I am creating…words that make me smile

I am going…no where in this

I am reading…romantic country, and fairy tales

I am hoping…the water doesn’t rise

I am hearing…the pitter patter of rain on the tin roof

Around the house…the lamps are lit

One of my favorite things…the soft contemplation of words strung together, hanging like     ornaments  through out my mind

A few plans for the rest of the week…the humble chore of cleaning up after a storm

The thought I am sharing...

"November is bitter
Its teeth are hungry
And it stirs anticipation
And reflection
Of warmer days
Winter should be spent
Between blankets
Watching hounds
Sleep on the hearth" - November- Sarahlynn

This post is inspired by   http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sarahlynn :)

    I just read your whole blog. You have an incredible writing ability, almost like melted butter. I'm so glad you wrote to me :)

    Stay safe in the storm. I lived through Isabel and I remember how ugly it was.

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI YOU JUST STOPPED OVER AT MY BLOG, DID YOU MEAN THE ELECTRIC FIREPLACE? IF SO I GOT IT AT LOWES OR HOME DEPOT, I HAVE 4; I PAINTED IT IT REALLY WORKS IN THE WINTER TOO :) GIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did its awesome I want one for our chocolate brown soon to be reading room, thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Saralynn, I am happy to tell you that you won my giveaway for a bag of Cup of Loveliness Tea! After reading your description of your farm house nestled among 200-year-old pecan trees, I wish I could deliver your tea in person and see your lovely home. But, alas, I must mail it. Please e-mail me at melissalester@elmore.rr.com with your address, and I will ship your tea right out! Then I hope you will let me know what you think of it when you brew your first pot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I'm hooked. :-)
    LOVED this post and can't wait to read all of your other ones!!!

    Hugs,
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read fairy tales? How wonderful! May I ask who the authors are? I hope they're good and OLD :)

    Our favorites are George MacDonald, Lewis, Andrew Lang, and Joseph Jacobs. All no longer living... except through their delightful books!

    You have a really lovely way with words :)

    Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you Jacci.. I just picked up a lovely leather bound complete addition of the brothers grimm so I am fully indulging in them -Sarahlynn

    ReplyDelete