Saturday, October 3, 2009

What Is Inspiring You?

What is inspiring me right now :
    Pen and ink, Etsy, children’s books: their magic and illustrations, peacock blue, heathered knits, cardigans,  brown leather boots, ticking, newly fallen leaves, crisp morning and evenings, flannel sheets, the Sharpie pen!,  ghost stories.. Chipping paint, the shades of white, day dreams, antique quilts… 

I feel like I have found myself after picking up my pencil and pen again.  My right hand moving across lightly textured  paper. A sanctuary of ivory and graphite bound carefully with wire.  I go there to capture movement , creatures and dreams.  And leave light headed and gray handed.  What is inspiring you right now? I hope to make this a regular installment on my blog. Come sit a spell friends and go through your dream books and magazine clipping really think,.. Really think about what is making you tick, tick, tick away these days?!

Keeping a running list has helped keep me grounded lately. I am slowly making my way back to who I am and what I love to do. It is a magical feeling. I encourage all of you to keep a book or binder with clipping and things that really inspire you so if you ever come to a block you can hopefully flip through your book, box, or binder and renew you creative spirit. Thank you all for helping me get back to this wonderful place! pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. More info on "the flylady"....I think I really really really need her right now....Judy

    ReplyDelete