Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Art of Limbo

Limbo is the edge.  It is where I often find myself.  Sitting right on the edge of everything.  Biding my time until…  into the infinite dot, dot, dot . Its a place where I wish I didn’t feel like I had a perpetual “reservation” on the worst table in the place.  But I feel like I am there. 

The funniest thing is that I am a person who really knows what they want.  Which is quite a blessing in a world where people often have no clue what they want and no idea how to get it.  My problem, that always seems to land me at my special table is that I have so many ideas in my head that I stop.  I stop dead.  Bouncing between all these beautiful ideas .  I spend so much time researching and preparing that things never happen. 

There are only a few things that we all know to be true in our lifetime I feel, and I would hope that most of those things would be about yourself.  So here is what I know to be true about me:

I have always created.

I have always wanted to create.

I cannot stop myself form creating.

and

I am my own limbo

The wheels turn but nothings coming out.  I plan to no longer place myself at this table for one, with no supplies and a wobbly chair. In writing they say that “writers block” is no excuse not to write.  You should work harder.  I don’t want all the ideas I have to fizzle out in limbo.  I want them to flow out of my finger tips so lofty they float to the ceiling . 

Limbo can cancel my reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment